In this week’s episode, Ross Gallagher and Sarah Kocianski are on hosting duties and are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week’s guests include:
- Farhana Draine – Head of Legal and ComplianceFlux
- Husayn Kassai – CEO, Onfido
- Edward Berks – Global EGM of Financial Partnerships, Xero
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Robinhood faces outage as the Dow surges (02:15)
- BCR backlash mounts over Metro Bank and Nationwide (10:29)
- Thought Machine plans US expansion after $83-million raise (20:24)
- World Health Organisation calls for contactless amidst Coronavirus (28:21)
- Klarna posts first-ever deficit as buy now pay later grows (36:51)
- Greenpeace blockades Barclays branches (46:56)
- Payments boss pays his entire staff a $70k minimum salary (53:08)
This podcast is brought to you by Stake, the digital brokerage app bringing you unrivalled access to the US market. Invest in over 3,500 US stocks and ETFs, including game-changing companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla. Trading is instant, direct and commission-free, and with a fully digitised sign-up, you’ll be in the market in minutes. Visit hellostake.com or search ‘Stake Trade’ to seize the US market’s 31 trillion dollars-worth of opportunity today.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week’s biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Please note, we do not produce Fintech Insider, we merely are fans and repost it!